Thomas Brown Engineering Ltd is aware that many of the activities undertaken in the course of its business will have an impact on the environment in some way. We are committed to identifying the effect of our business activities on the environment and continually working to improve our environmental performance across all areas of our business.
These are the measures we currently take:
- We fully comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
- We ensure that any hazardous waste is disposed of by a competent, regulated authority.
- We have invested and will continue to invest in our premises by;
- Installing energy efficient lighting throughout our workshop.
- Insulating the walls of our workshop and replacing our old workshop roof.
- We have recently invested in an energy efficient compressor which should save over 15,000
kw/hrs of electricity usage per year.
- 100% of the electricity we use comes from renewable sources.
- We separate and recycle all our waste metal.
- We recycle, where possible, our office waste and packing material.
- We provide facilities to recycle packaging and glass in the employee canteen area.
- We re-use all packaging materials where possible.
- We have recorded maintenance schedules on all our machinery to ensure efficient running
and minimise use of electricity.
- We strive to adopt an environmentally sound transport strategy where the impact of our
operations on the environment is always a consideration.
We continually strive to improve our performance and thus this policy will be reviewed and updated
This policy will be made available to all members of staff, customers, suppliers and the general
public through our website.
Tom Brown (Managing Director)